Monday, October 25, 2010

#48 YOUR (Soma)tic Spectrum

Eat a single color of food for a day. For 7 days do this, eating through the spectrum of color our optic nerves are able to bring into focus and joy. Use food coloring, it's about EATING the color, not whether or not RED naturally appears. Water with food coloring, rice, potatoes, you can do it, you can absorb it for the poems. And wear or SURROUND yourself with the color. For RED I wore a red wig someone threw in the dumpster behind the beauty academy near my apartment. For ORANGE I drew an orange ladder on my chest with magic marker. For YELLOW I tucked a yellow condom in my left sock. For GREEN I painted my middle fingernails green. For BLUE I listened to Bobby Vinton's song "Blue Velvet" on a continuous loop from 6 am to midnight. For PURPLE I wore purple clothes pin nipple clamps all day. For WHITE I wrote the number 108 on my forehead with my boyfriend's semen. EACH color EACH day found me anew. This was a visitation with each CHAKRA. Each day, before eating the color, drinking the color, hum a LOW, DEEP HUM, sit straight in a chair, feet on the floor. Reach into that day's chakra, RED the root/sex, etc., GREEN the heart. The notes you take will want out naturally. Work with a clear quartz crystal gemstone. On the first day, RED, meditate with the quartz on your groin. Each day move the stone UP your body as you investigate the next color. There are samples of my color poems HERE.